Venue of the ESU 2022
The European Summer University of Social Movements is a guest on the grounds of the
Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences - Mönchengladbach Campus -
Arrival by public transport
Mönchengladbach is very easy to reach by train, even from further away.
A few examples:
- London - Mönchengladbach 5 - 6 hours, change in Brussels and Aachen or Cologne.
- Paris - Mönchengladbach 4 - 5 hours, change in Aachen or Cologne
- Prague - Mönchengladbach 10 hours, change in Berlin and Düsseldorf
- Vienna - Mönchengladbach 9 hours, change in Nuremberg and Düsseldorf
Information on all train connections in Germany can be found on Deutsche Bahn: https://www.bahn.de/en
Local public transport
Various bus lines run from Mönchengladbach main station to the university in ten to twelve minutes. Depending on the bus line, you get off at the bus stop Hochschule or at the bus stop Webschulstraße. From there it's only a few hundred metres on foot to your destination.
- Bus 001:
- Mönchengladbach Künkelstraße - Mönchengladbach Hbf/Europaplatz - Hochschule - Rheydt Hbf - Clemens-August-Straße
- Bus 002:
- Mönchengladbach Künkelstraße - Bismarckstraße - Hochschule - Rheydt Hbf - Marie-Bernays-Ring
- Bus 019:
- Viersen Süchteln Vorst - Mönchengladbach Hbf/Europaplatz - Webschulstraße - Rheydt Hbf
- Bus 097:
- Mönchengladbach Hbf/Europaplatz - Webschulstraße - Rheydt Hbf - Jüchen Markt
Arrival by car
Coming from the west / east
On the A 52 motorway, take exit no. 8 Mönchengladbach Nord and drive towards Mönchengladbach. In the city centre, before the railway subway, turn right into Rathenaustraße, which becomes Theodor-Heuss-Straße. At the university, turn right into Webschulstraße.
Coming from the north/south
On the A 61 motorway, take exit no. 12 Mönchengladbach-Rheydt and drive towards Rheydt (Dahlener Straße). After the 2nd railway subway, turn left into Wilhelm-Schiffer-Straße. After the uphill stretch, follow the road into Friedrich-Ebert-Straße, which becomes Rheydter Straße. The university is on the right-hand side.
Attention: There are very few parking spaces near the university. We strongly advise against driving to the university. Please travel by public transport.
Arrival by plane
If there is no other way, the best way to travel to the ESU is by plane:
Fly to Düsseldorf International Airport, from there take the S-Bahn to Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (main station). From there, take the S-Bahn S8 to Mönchengladbach main station.
Erich Westendarp / pixelio.de
angieconscious / pixelio.de
Rudolpho Duba / pixelio.de